Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Needles and a Nice Merlot (to Wash Them Down)

Recently, I’ve been rehearsing a very dangerous illusion; in fact, some magician friends of mine have suggested that I refrain from performing it.  I’ll admit that after the first rehearsal, I seriously considered yielding to their concerns.  It is the combination of effect and method that makes this routine less than sane, such that, if there is one magic trick that could make a magician paranoid, this could well be it.  I realize, though, that incorporating this routine is something that has expanded my artistic limitations, so that the audience can feel a greater range of emotion during my performances.  However, due to my persona during this piece, I am compelled to feel no obligations to my friends’ apprehension.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment